Thursday, 2 January 2014

Oops, I Did It Again!

Remember how last year I confessed to having spoiled LB over Christmas? Well, it's possible I did it again this year.

I say it's 'possible', because while Dan thinks we did, I actually seriously don't believe we went overboard. The play kitchen with its assorted fruits, vegetables, and pots and pans was definitely her main gift, and then I rounded it out with a few books, blocks, some wooden farm animals, and...a toy piano.

That doesn't seem unreasonable, does it?!

Ah, maybe it is. The thing is, I can't help it. Well, alright, yes I could help it but I don't want to. Toys are so awesome and fun! Whee!

There is one small gift that LB received in her stocking that I am the most proud of, though. I think part of the joy of gift giving is really knowing the person to whom you are giving a gift, and really knowing what makes them happy, and Internet, I totally nailed it when LB pulled from her stocking this amazing thing:

Untitled
Can you guess what it is?

It's...it's...it's...it's...LB's very own...:

Untitled
Key chain!

Untitled
Complete with keys!

Yes, she got her own key chain with two keys because there's nothing she loves more in the world than my keys. There's also nothing in the world she can lose faster than my keys, so it was time to give her a set of her own.

I hang them up with our keys, and when it's time to go out I hand LB hers. We get ready, I ask her if she has her keys, we 'lock' the door, and then we go downstairs, I bundle her into her stroller, and for a solid twenty minutes afterwards she plays with the key chain, scratching the pony's gigantic eyes, handling the keys, and fielding strangers' questions about what her keys go to.

(Our old storage unit and the front door to my parents' house, FTW!) 

I think this is possibly my favourite thing we gave her.

2 comments:

mom said...

Well Cait, if LB makes her way to our house, at least she will be able to get in :-)) love mom and dad xxx

T said...

I love it! I also love imagining LB checking her little pockets to make sure she has her keys before leaving the building :) Awesome idea Caitie!